1. Jot down as many reasons as you can for keeping records?
2. What is the main legislation that relates specifically
to records, access and data protection - is there a Freedom
of Information Bill in the UK?
3. Is there a difference between records kept in manual
files and those held on computer?
4. Which agencies are covered by the legislation?
5. Are foster carers' records covered in the legislation?
6. Can you alter a record, once you've written it?
7. What does the legislation say about the use of jargon
or coded language?
8. List (or guess!) as many of the Principles of Data Collection
as you can (hint: they relate to the circumstances when
you are allowed to keep records)?
9. What does the legislation say about how organisations
must communicate its Data Protection Policies to the public
(including services users, patients etc.)?
10. What is the legal term for the 'person you keep a record
Now compare your answers with ours